- The Micro Small and Medium enterprises (MSMEs) have been accepted as the engine of economic growth and play an important role in the equitable economic development of country.
- The major advantage of the sector is its employment potential at low capital cost. The labour intensity of the MSME sector is much higher than that of the large enterprises.
- The MSMEs constitute over 90% of total enterprises in most of the economies and are credited with generating the highest rates of employment growth and account for a major share of industrial production and exports.
- MSMEs have been established in almost all-major sectors in the Indian industry such as:
- Food Processing
- Agricultural Inputs
- Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- Engineering; Electricals, Electronics
- Electro-medical equipment
- Textiles and Garments
- Leather and leather goods
- Meat products
- Sports goods
- Plastics products
- Computer Software, etc.
- As per available statistics (4th Census of MSME Sector), this sector employs an estimated 59.7 million persons spread over 26.1 million enterprises. It is estimated that in terms of value, MSME sector accounts for about 45% of the manufacturing output and around 40% of the total export of the country.
- Disposal of MSME Loan Applications:
- As per Banking Codes and Standards Board of India for Micro and Small and Medium Enterprises disposal of application for a credit limit or enhancement in existing credit limit up to Rs.5 lac within two weeks and for credit limit above Rs.5 lac and up to Rs.25 lac within 3 weeks and for credit limit above Rs.25 lac within 6 weeks from the date of receipt, provided the application is complete in all respects and is accompanied by documents as per check list provided.
Please Click Here to view list of MSME Branches
Please Click Here for more details on MSME
Position Of Loan Applications In MSME Sector For The Quarter Ended
Apply online for MSME and MUDRA Loan
Apply Stand-up India and Mudra Loan though Jansamarth (National) Portal only.