Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) is a credit linked subsidy programme is credit linked Scheme of Govt. of India by merging erstwhile REGP and PMRY scheme.
- Individuals above 18 years of age.
- VIII Std. pass required for project above Rs.10.00Lac in manufacturing and above Rs.5.00Lac for Service Sector.
- Self Help Groups and Charitable Trusts.
- Institutions Registered under Societies Registration Act-1860.
- Production based Co-operative Societies.
- No income ceiling for setting up of projects.
- Assistance under the scheme is available only to new units to be established.
- Existing units or units already availed any Govt. subsidy either under State / Central Govt. Schemes are not eligible.
- To generate continuous and sustainable employment opportunities in Rural and Urban areas of the country through setting up of new self-employment ventures / projects / micro enterprises.
- To increase the wage earning capacity of unemployed youth and contribute to increase in the growth rate of Rural and Urban employment.
- Any industry including Coir Based Projects excluding those mentioned in the Negative list.
- Per capita investment should not exceed Rs.1.00Lac in plane areas and Rs.1.50Lac in Hilly areas
- The scheme is applicable to all viable (technically as well as economically) projects in rural as well as urban areas, under Micro enterprises sector.
- Only one person from family is eligible for obtaining financial assistance under the scheme.
- Assistance under the Scheme is available only for new projects.
- The scheme is aimed at encouraging manufacturing sector and Business / Trading activities.
- The assistance under the scheme will be available to business / trading activities in the form of sales outlets in North East Regions (NER), Left Wing Extremist (LWE) affected districts and Andaman & Nicobar Islands and also retail outlets backed by manufacturing (including processing) / Services facilities.
- The assistance under the scheme will not be available to activities indicated in the negative list including business activities like grocery shop, stationery shops etc. farm related activities like Goatery, piggery, poultry etc. and urban/rural transport activities (except auto Rickshaw, Tourist Boat & House Boat in A & N Islands; Shikara & Tourist Boat in J & K, & Cycle Rickshaw).